Adorable, adoptable cats, fair trade, certified organic coffee, freshly made desserts and made to order sandwiches and wraps.
To date, we have helped find forever homes for more than 45 cats!
Southpaw is a cat cafe in Kingston, Ontario that opened its doors in November 2016. The cafe blends the owner's love of cats and coffee with his love of boxing! Hold on, what is a cat cafe, exactly? A cat cafe is a place to enjoy a cup of coffee in the company of playful cats. Yes, you can actually pet them while you sip your mocha. Yes, you can adopt them if you'd like to. We have a small breakfast and lunch menu, as well as a number of interesting and unique dessert options, for both vegans and non-vegans.
At a given time, we typically have between 5 to 8 friendly, adoptable cats in the cafe. If you're interested in adopting, visit our partners at Kingston Animal Rescue. For more information on the cats we currently have at the cafe, check out the cats section by clicking the button below!
Cat Room Rules
1. You must make a purchase before visiting the cats.
2. Children under 10 are not permitted in the cat area unless it is a designated special event.
3. Do not pick up the cats. Many of our cats do not enjoy being picked up and may scratch or bite if they're picked up.
4. It's a long day for our cats, as such, if you see a sleeping cat, please leave them be.
5. You can take all the photos you want, and definitely tag us on social media, but please turn the flash off first!
6. It's tempting to give the give the cats a little nibble of your food, but please don't feed them anything other than the cat treats we sell at the cafe.
7. Please don't play rough with the cats. We try to discourage the biting/bunny-kicking behaviour as it establishes bad habits.
8. If you are bitten or scratched, please let us know right away! All of our cats are friendly and social, but accidents happen.